Welcome to this blog page today and thanks for being one of our numerous readers. We shall start by reading the scripture in the book of Ephesians 4:1-6:
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians. 4:1-6
Whenever someone becomes a Christian by repenting from his/her sins, and accepting Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Saviour, he/she begins a new life (2 Corinthians 5:17). This new life signifies the beginning of a journey to Heaven and is described as a call. It is only those who have pleased God, walked worthy of their calling as Christians that will reign with Christ in Heaven.
What is the Call?
- The Kingdom and the Gospel. Mark 1:15
- Genuine repentance, forgiveness and refreshing times. Acts 3:19, Matthew 3:1-2
- A life of holiness and righteousness. 1 Thessalonians 4:7
Impacts of Receiving Jesus Christ and Obeying the Call:
- Heir-ship; endowed power and privilege of being called sons and daughter of most High. John 1:12
- Newness, new life and new beginning. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Righteous fruit and eternal life. His blessings do not corrupt us. Romans 6:22
- Divine security with power over every destruction. John 10:28
- Carrier of the dynamic power of God (Holy Ghost). 1 Corinthians 6:19
- Overcomer. 1 John 5:4-5
Why Is It Important To Walk Worthy of the Calling?
- There is a rewards. Galatians 6:7-9
- Guards against stumbling and falling away (backslide). 2 Peter 1:10
- It grants access to your spiritual blessings in Christ. Ephesians 1:3-4
- It brings intimate relationship and fellowship with God. Psalms 26:6-8
- There is maintained fellowship with brethren; allowing manifestation of the power of the blood of Jesus. 1 John 1:7
- It is the core assessment and scorecard on the judgement day. Revelation 20:12,15
How Can You Walk Worthy of the Calling?
- Avoid and shun all ungodly associations and friendships. 2 Corinthians 6:14-17
- Be humble, gentle and patient. Show love and tolerance, most especially promote unity within the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:1-3
- Be resolute (stand firm); not allowing to be drifted by winds of doctrines, situations or circumstances. 1 Corinthians 15:58
- Commitment to evangelism and making disciples. Matthew 28:19-20
What Is The Result of Walking Worthy of The Calling?
- Divine recognition, rewards of ruler-ship and the enduring joy of the Lord. Matthew 25:21
- Eternal life in God’s Kingdom. Hebrews 11:8-10
How Does God Make This Call?
There is no any form of drama or razzle-dazzle or ceremony associated with the call. Every pure gospel in a bible living church, on the radio/TV or any other media such as this can be that call. The call is not about earthly gains or personal aggrandizement.
As a Christian, you are called to walk worthy of your calling and must remain faithful unto the end in order to receive the crown of life (Revelation 2:10). Have you answered or prepared to answer the call? We should all remain focused on Christ so that we can make Heaven.