Have you ever been prompted to provide a One Time Password (OTP) when attempting to complete an online payment via Interswitch’s WebPAY?
Have you ever attempted paying for a transaction and then got prompted to Enter your email address to register for the Safetoken service?
Are you interested in enhancing the security of your online payments?
By registering for the SafeToken service, the challenges identified above can be overcome.
The Safetoken service was introduced in order to enhance your security while making payments online. This service will further protect you from any form of fraud, phishing or identity theft.
- Input your ATM card and select the ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu screen
- Select ‘Pay Bills’ from the Quickteller menu list on the ATM screen
- Select ‘Others’ for the bill payment menu option list
- Enter ‘322222”as the Biller Code
- Enter your Phone Number as the Customer Reference Number and select ‘Proceed’
- You will get a display “Do you want to make this payment?” Amount Due:N1
- DO NOT edit the amount to be paid
- Click on “Pay amount due”
- You will then get a confirmation page indicating the registration was successful.
After you have completed the registration and you are attempting a payment on WebPAY, you will be required to send an SMS to a shortcode provided on the payment page in order to receive an OTP with which you can then complete your online payment.
The regular bill payment convenience fee of N100 will be deducted for registering for this service via the ATM.
Registration can also be done online via www.quickteller.com but your bank will need to validate your web registration before it becomes active. So you can also contact your bank directly to validate you, after registering on the quickteller website.
Please note that you may need to request for your card to be activated for online payments by your bank before you are able to utilize this service.
For more information on Safetoken please visit our FAQ page on: https://connect.interswitchng.com/faqs/safetoken-faq/
We appreciate your feedback, so please send feedback queries and comments you may have regarding this service to email@example.com